Good to know
On Freedom you can decide how long you want your calls to be saved. This can be set to any period from 1 month to 7 years.
Note that call recordings are billed at R0.05 per recorded minute per month saved. So if you were to save 1,000 minutes of recordings for 2 months the total price for these recordings would be R100.00 (1,000 minutes x R0.05 x 2 months). Billing takes place once a month. In this example R50.00 per month.
How to set up call recording?
- Log in on Freedom
- Go to 'Admin' >> 'Call recording' (under Advanced options). (Please note that the applicable costs are listed at the top)
- Check ‘Allow call recording’
- Now choose how many months you want to save your recorded calls on freedom.voys.co.za for. (Please note that you pay extra for each month save)
- Outbound calls: Then choose whether you want to record your outbound calls and if so, on all or selected VoIP accounts (i.e. extensions).
- Click ‘Save’.
How to record inbound calls
The recording of inbound calls is set via the Dialplan.
- Click 'Dialplan' in the main menu
- Select the number you want inbound calls recorded for.
- Add a new step as first step in your Dialplan
- Select ‘Call recording’ from the drop-down-list
- Click ‘Save’
- Inbound calls on this number will now be recorded
- Legal aspect. Please note that you are responsible for the legal compliance of recording phone calls. This means that you have to inform the caller about recording their phone call.
- When are the recordings available? It takes an hour, at most, before a recorded call is visible in your call history. It can take several hours should there be a glitch on our system - in this case, your call recordings will always be visible in your call history the next business day.
- Managing your recorded calls: Click 'Calls' in the main menu. Behind the recorded calls you will see a play-button, a stop-button and a download button.
Nice to know
- If you’ve chosen to save recorded calls for 1 month, recordings really do disappear after 1 month of the call being recorded and can not be retrieved.
- Tip: Save money by downloading recordings of important calls and storing them locally.
- When you forward a call to a an external number, the forwarded part of the call is not recorded. We are working on a fix.
Related article: How to remove recorded calls in bulk