Music on Hold can be used in two ways:
- Play selected music/ audio when a caller is put on hold.
- Play selected music/ audio when a caller is waiting on hold in a call queue.
Setting up Music on Hold
- Create a playlist by going to 'Admin' >> 'Music on hold' (under 'Options')
- Click Add
- Name your playlist
- Check the check box: "Use as default hold music"
- Click Step 2
- Upload your audio file. This file can either be in MP3 or WAV format
- Click Save
Activate your Music on hold by updating your Dialplan
- Add a step above your existing Dialplan steps
- Select Music on hold from the first drop-down menu
- Select the saved Music on hold playlist from the second drop-down menu
Music on Hold and a Call Queue
If you want to play Music on Hold specifically when a caller is waiting in a Call Queue, add Music on hold to your Dialplan one step before your queue, and select your preferred playlist.