What is a Webhook?
User defined HTTP call-backs, triggered by an inbound call. Commonly used for analytics or to integrate Freedom with your CRM. A Webhook (also called a web callback or HTTP push API) is a way for an app to provide other applications with real-time information.
A Webhook delivers data to other applications as it happens, meaning you get data immediately. Unlike typical APIs where you would need to poll for data very frequently in order to get it real-time. This makes Webhooks much more efficient for both provider and consumer.
What can it do?
The Voys Webhooks feature allows you to connect your phone system to the Internet. This functionality is mainly used for 4 purposes:
- Integration with your CRM.
- Routing of inbound calls based on an external database.
- Measuring conversions of marketingcampaigns (Google Analytics).
- Receive an email or othernotification when you miss a call.
- Use VIP PIN codes for routing
- Dialling internal extensions directly from an IVR
How to configure a Webhook
- Go to Admin >> Integration >> Webhooks
- Click Add.
- Enter Name e.g. CRM connection >> Caller id forwarding, number visible to call recipient >> URL-template, the URL that must be requested when triggered by an inbound call.
- Un/Select Use IVR, check this box if you want a caller to enter a numerical code to proceed. After this box is checked, 5 extra fields become visible: Timeout: The number of seconds the caller has to make a selection. Maximum attempts: The number of times a caller can make an invalid selection. Start message: select the audio message that is played when the caller is routed to the Webhook. Incorrect message: select the audio message that is played when the caller makes an invalidselection. Timeout message: select the audio message that is played when the Timeout time is exceeded.
- Click Save.
- Click Dialplan (on the main navigation bar) >> Click on the on the desired number.
- Click add step, it must always the final step in the Dialplan >>Select Web hook >> Selectdesired Web hook >>A fewsub-steps are generated: HTTPand IVR success: the sub-steps here are followed when the Webhook has returned the correct values and, if applicable, the caller has made a correct selection (IVR). HTTP or IVR failed: in other cases, the sub-steps here are followed.Under these substeps, all steps can be added that can also be added in a normal Dialplan, plus a few extra options that are discussed below
- Click Save on step >> Click Save for Dialplan.
The callername that is visible to the receiver of the call can be manipulated in 3 ways:
- Webhooks : configure the caller name to show the value that is returned by the Webhook
- Prefix : in the text field enter the text that you want to show in front of the callername
- Replace : in the text field enter the text that will replace the caller name
Side note: Variable callername can also be used without Webhooks. In that case, only the options Prefix and Replace are available.
When the Webhook returns a destination, a call can be routed to this destination by selecting ‘Variable destination’ from the drop-down menu.
Feedback that can be sent to the system:
ACK : Selection (input) is valid
NAK : Selection is invalid
ERR : Something went wrong
For example, a HTTP request is successful:
Used for routing a call to another destination.
Used if you want to display the name of the caller, status of a call (IVR input), on a VoIP phone.