These settings refer specifically to the SPA504 but they can be used on the following phones: Cisco SPA301, SPA303, SPA504, SPA508, SPA514 and SPA525. They are also suitable for Linksys SPA922, SPA941, SPA942 and SPA962.
Looking up the IP-address of the phone
- Plug in the power supply unit.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the modem/router/network point and the other to the ‘internet’ port on the back of the phone.
- Wait for the phone to boot up. The lights on the side of the device will be orange
- Select the ‘Menu’ button on the phone (the one that looks like a folded piece of paper)
- Press ‘9’ to go to the submenu ‘Network’
- Write down the value under ‘Current IP’. Will look something like 10.0.0.7 or 192.168.0.9. You will require it later
Provisioning the phone
- Log onto https://freedom.voys.co.za
- Go to Admin → VoIP Accounts
- Select the extension you would like to configure.
- Click the three horizontal dots (located next to the ‘Password’)
- Select ‘Provisioning’
6. Under ‘Phone Settings’ select the phone you would like to configure from the drop-down menu and enter the IP address
7. Fill in the details below
8. Click ‘Push firmware and configuration’
9. Wait for the phone to reboot
After a few minutes, the lights on the side of the device will turn green.
Your phone is now ready to make and receive calls!