Linphone is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Follow the below steps to install and configure Linphone on your mobile device. (Please note that the screenshots were taken using an Android device so the layout may differ from that of an iOS device, for instance).
Download the Linphone mobile app in the Play Store for Android or App Store for Apple iOS. If you are using a newer Huawei device and you are unable to find the application on Huawei AppGallery, download Huawei's Petal Search, to search for the Android file.
Once you have logged in the Configuration Assistant will start up. You will be prompted to select one of the following options while no account is configured on the device. Select "Use SIP Account"
2. You will be prompted to insert "SIP Account details" . This can be found by going to Admin then go to VoIP Accounts in our self-service portal Freedom. Ensure that "Show Passwords" is selected so that you can view your VoIP Account Password.
You will be requested to enter the following details:
Display Name: Internal extension number (e.g. 201)
Username: Account ID of the VoIP-account (is visible in Freedom under Admin >> VoIP Account)
Password: Password of the VoIP-account (is visible in Freedom under Admin >> VoIP Account)
User-ID: Account ID of the VoIP Account
3. Your Username and User ID is the Account ID number listed above. The password is the password listed. The VoIP Account extension (internal number is your Display Name)
4. If your phone is in power saving mode you will see a pop up indicating that this will have an effect on the application running in the background. Select "Do not show again" and click on "Settings".
5. Go to Settings >> Advanced and select "background mode". This ensures that the application runs in the background. You can set Dark Mode if you prefer. You can also name your device. Scroll down and fill in your Display Name and Username
6. Select Audio Codecs by going to Settings >> Audio. Select iLBC.
7. You are now ready to make and receive calls.