The Voys Webphone is a softphone application that can be used to make and receive calls from your PC, via your browser or preferably an application installed onto your PC. Not only does the Webphone enable you to call, it also shows you; the availability of your colleagues, a log of your recent calls and your call queue status (should you have a call queue in place).
Configuring a user account on Freedom
- Log in on Freedom
- Click 'Account' on the top right-hand corner
- Click 'Users'
- Click on your user (e-mail address) or add a new user.
- Go to the 'Telephony Settings' tab.
- Under 'Webphone account', select the VoIP account you want to use for your Webphone.
- If you do not have an unassigned VoIP account, scroll up a little and click on +New VoIP account under VoIP accounts to create a new VoIP account.
- Scroll all the way down to the heading 'Webphone' and select the correct Outgoing number. When you leave it on 'Don't change...', the number that is selected as main outgoing number will be used for the VoIP account you have just linked.
- Click Save.
Once you have completed these steps in Freedom you can install the Webphone in your Chrome browser.
Configuring the Webphone in Chrome
- Click here for the Webphone.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click Start
- Select the VoIP account that you linked to your Webphone on Freedom earlier.
- Click Go to audio settings
- A pop-up will appear in your browser with the prompt, "Show notifications". Click Allow
- Configure your preferred Audio settings. Make sure that your headset is connected so that the plugin can detect the correct microphone and speakers.
- Do a Sound check
- Click Complete
You can use the Webphone in your internet browser or or install the app on your PC
- Click on the 3 dots on the right-hand side of your web browser.
- Select Open in Voys Webphone.
- The Webphone will now open in a separate window.
You can start making and receiving calls on your computer!