Should you have multiple phone numbers used by and for different businesses and you need to know which business a call is for. Variable callername enables you to see the name of the called business in your display.
The callername that is visible to the receiver of the call can be manipulated in 3 ways:
- Webhooks: configure the caller name to show the value that is returned by the Webhook. This will work when the Webhooks feature is set up.
- In your Dialplan, add a first step >> Select Variable Callername >> Select Prefix and in the text field, enter the text that you want displayed in front of the phone number when it is called e.g. Voys.
- In your Dialplan, add a first step >> Select Variable Callername >> Select Replace and in the text field, enter the text that will replace the callername/ number completely e.g. Voys.
Notes on Webhooks in relation to Variable callername
- Variable callername can also be used without Webhooks. In that case, only the Prefix and Replace options are available.
- Variable destination: When the Webhook returns a destination, a call can be routed to this destination by selecting Variable destination from the drop-down menu.
- System Feedback: Feedback that can be sent to the system:
- ACK: Selection (input) is valid. NAK: Selection is invalid. ERR: Something went wrong.
- For example, an HTTP request is successful: status=ACK
- Destination: Used for routing a call to another destination. E.g. status= ACK&destination=%2B31502102544
- Callername: Used if you want to display the name of the caller, status of a call (IVR input), on a VoIP phone. E.g. status=ACK&callername=VoysTelecom