Conversations between your device and Voys' telephony platform are transmitted unencrypted by default over your network and the internet. By using encryption, your calls are encrypted only between your phone and our platform.
This manual only describes how to make encrypted phone calls..
- Log in to Freedom.
- Click on Admin in the menu bar.
- Go to VoIP account.
- Select the account you want to use for encrypted calling.
- Choose the tab Advanced SIP settings.
- Check the box for Force Encryption.
- You are now getting a popup that there are still changes that need to be made on your phone.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page..
Configure the proxy settings and transport protocol on your device for registration..
- Proxy sip.encryptedsip.com:5061
- Transport protocol: TLS
The device now logs onto our platform in an encrypted manner. To encrypt the calls as well, SRTP must be activated on the device itself. It varies greatly how this is adjusted per device, but it can be set on almost any VoIP device. Consult the manual of your device for this.
You can quickly check whether your devices are encrypted in the following way:
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to email@example.com