By default, the conversations between your device and Voys' telephony platform are unencrypted over your network and the internet. By using encryption, your conversations will be encrypted only between your phone and our platform.
Both the SIP packets and the audio itself (RTP) can be encrypted. This ensures that no one can listen in on your conversation by intercepting network packets. We use TLS to encrypt the SIP packets. The RTP audio is secured using SRTP.
- Log in to Freedom.
- Click on Admin in the menu bar..
- Go to VoIP account.
- Select the account with which you want to make encrypted calls.
- Choose the tab Advanced SIP settings.
- Check the box next to Force Encryption.
- You will now receive a pop-up notification indicating that there are still changes to be made on your phone.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page.
Configure the proxy and transport protocol on your device for registration.
You can quickly see if your devices are encrypted in the following way:
- Log in Freedom.
- Go to Admin.
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to email@example.com