By default, the conversations between your device and Voys' telephony platform are unencrypted over your network and the internet. By using encryption, your conversations are only encrypted between your phone and our platform.
This guide only describes how to make encrypted calls. If you want to know how to set up a device regularly, click here.
- Log in to Freedom.
- Click on Admin in the menu bar.
- Go to VoIP account.
- Select the account you want to use for encrypted calling..
- Choose the tab Advanced SIP settings.
- Check the box next to Force Encryption.
- You will now receive a popup notification indicating that changes still need to be made on your phone..
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page.
- Press the Help button on the device.
Click on the link Identity 1 in the menu and go to the Login tab.
- Fill in Registrar and Outbound Proxy sip.encryptedsip.com:5061;transport=tls
- Click on Apply.
- Fill in Codec pcma, g722, g729
You are currently making an encrypted call between your phone and the platform.
You can quickly see if your devices are encrypted in the following way:
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org