On this page you will find the settings for Gigaset devices. For Gigasets with wireless devices, you set up the base station (the Gigaset VoIP center). The Gigaset VoIP handsets are connected to the base station. When setting up, it is important to enter the data exactly as shown in the example.
This manual is suitable for the Gigaset N300A IP and N510 IP Pro. Other models will also be suitable for VoIP (Gigaset VoIP phones), but the interface may look slightly different.
- Press the blue button on the front of the base station; the registered handsets will now ring and the IP address will be displayed on the screen.
- Go to a web browser on a computer that is on the same network as the phone and enter the phone's IP address.
- Log in with password 0000
Retrieve IP address of device (such as DX800)
- Open the phone menu and then go to Settings.
- Select System and then Local Network.
- This menu displays the IP address of the phone.
Setting up VoIP account
- Click on Settings, then on Telephony, then on Connections, and finally on Edit next to the line you want to modify.
- Fill in the internal number of your VoIP account in the Connection name of Number and Display name, such as 201.
- Fill in the Account ID of your VoIP account in the Authentication name and Username fields. To do this, go to freedom.voys.co.za, click on Admin, and then on VoIP account. You will see the account ID listed next to the VoIP account. Hover over it to easily copy it.
- Fill in the password of your VoIP account in the Authentication Password field. Click on Admin in freedom.voys.co.za and then on VoIP Account. Hover over it to easily copy it.
- Fill in Domain, Proxy server address, and Registration Server with sip.voys.co.za.
- Change Registration refresh time to 1800.
- Check the box for Never under Outbound proxy mode.
Click on Set to apply the settings.
Click on Telephony, then select Audio. Choose the correct codecs for each line and enter the data as shown in the screenshot below.
Click on Telephony and then select Number Assignment. Here, you can see an overview where you can indicate which handsets should be linked to each account. You can set this up for both incoming and outgoing calls.
Advanced VoIP settings
Change the settings of Send Settings of DTMF transmission to RFC 2833. Select No for Use random ports and change the SIP port from 5060 to another SIP port to prevent issues. When setting up VoIP account 201, change the port to 5061; for VoIP account 202, change the port to 5062, and so on. Note: If you are setting up multiple VoIP accounts on one base station, you only need to make this change once.
Do you use hold music in your call plan? Then set Music on hold to No.
Click on Management and select Local Settings. Change country and tone pattern to South Africa.
Attention: Is the wrong time displayed on your handset? Go to Management and click on Date and Time. Fill in ntp.voys.co.za at the Time server and press Set.
Recently, Gigaset has resolved many bugs in their firmware. It is recommended to update the firmware of your base/phone. Click on 'Management' and then on 'Firmware update'. In the 'Dataserver' field, enter profile.gigaset.net/device/latest. Your Gigaset will then be automatically updated to the latest firmware. A guide for this can be found on the Gigaset wiki. The firmware for the N300A IP and N510 is the same.
It is not possible to set up encryption for Gigaset N300A IP and Gigaset N510 IP Pro through our platform.
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org