If you are not available, callers can leave a voicemail message. We will send this recorded message as a sound file to your e-mail address, or to several addresses at the same time. The maximum duration of a recorded message is 2 minutes and 15 seconds. You can easily play your voicemail on your computer, tablet, or smartphone by clicking on the sound file in the attachment of the e-mail. This module is free of charge.
To set up your Voicemail:
- Log in to your Freedom account
- Go to 'Admin' in the Main Menu >> 'Voicemail' under 'Call forwarding'
- Click Add
- 'Voicemail ': Choose a name for your voicemail box
- 'Description': Enter a description for the voicemail box for easy reference i.e. Main voicemail box
- 'Email addresses': Enter the email address(es) (if more than one email address, then separate the email addresses with a comma and no spaces)
- 'Welcome message type': From the drop-down menu, choose the type of message that you would like to be played by selecting either None, Default, or Custom
- Selecting Default will use a default system message - you can choose the Language and Gender of this default message under 'Message settings”.
- Selecting Custom will require you to upload your own audio file (either WAV or MP3, max 5MB). By clicking on the drop-down menu under 'Custom message', to access a message that was saved to 'Sounds' earlier or by clicking on Choose file under 'File', to upload a message from your PC.
- Click Save.
Please note: For the voicemail to be active you lastly need to add it as the final step in your Dialplan.
No more ‘calling’ your voicemail
The benefit of the Voicemail option from Voys is the fact that a recorded voicemail will be sent to your e-mail address. This way you can save the voicemail in your customer file or easily transfer it to a colleague!
When you choose a standard message you can choose your language and the kind of voice you want to play (male or female). The message in English is as follows:
- “At this moment, all our employees are not reachable by phone. Please leave a message after the tone and we will contact you as soon as possible.”
Of course, it is possible to record your own voicemail messages. Below you will find some suggestions for messages that you can record.
Voicemail during opening hours when it’s busy
- Welcome to [company name]. We are unable to answer the phone at this moment. Please leave a message, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Welcome to [company name], it is very busy at the moment. Please leave a message or try again later.
Voicemail outside of opening hours
- Welcome to [company name], we are closed at this moment. Our opening hours are weekdays between 9 and 5. Please leave a message and we will get back to you on the next working day.
- This is the voicemail of [company name]. Please leave a message after the beep.
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to email@example.com