What can I do with Hold Music?
With music on hold you can let your callers wait for an available colleague with a nice background music. This feature can be used in two ways:
- With a queue: when you are using the queue feature in your dial plan, the callers in the queue will hear a tune and the messages that you have selected.
- While putting a conversation on hold: when you put someone on hold on your device, the selected queue music will be played. Pay attention: hold music does not work in combination with conversations that are started through Click-to-Dial.
Adding Music on Hold
- Create a playlist by going to 'Admin' and click on 'Music on hold' (under Options)
- Click Add.
- Give a name to your playlist.
- Check the check box: "Use as default hold music"
- Click on Step 2.
- Upload your audio file. This file can either be in MP3 or WAV format.
- Click on Save.
Activate your Music on hold by updating your Dial plan
- Go to Dial plans in the left menu and click on the dial plan you want to edit.
- Put the Dial plan in Edit mode.
- Add a step above your existing Dial plan steps
- Select Music on hold from the first drop-down menu and select the file you have uploaded.
Music on Hold and a Call Queue
If you want to play Music on Hold specifically when a caller is waiting in a Call Queue, add Music on hold to your Dial plan one step before your queue, and select your preferred playlist.
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to email@example.com