The Yealink base stations and handsets are registered. The handsets are in the correct place in the call plan, but it is not working properly yet. You can still make the necessary adjustments for incoming and outgoing telephony when assigning numbers to your base station.
Finding the IP address of the device
- Press the OK button three times.
- Enter the IP address of the device in a web browser (on a computer that is on the same network). Log in with the username admin and the password admin or username voys and the password freedom.
- Go to Account.
- Click on Number assignment.
- Here you will see a table where you can indicate which VoIP accounts need to be linked. You can set this up for both incoming and outgoing calls.
The first block shows the incoming telephony. The vertical row represents the handset. The horizontal line represents the incoming telephony.
The handset has one incoming line
- Tick the boxes as shown in the example below. You will then see an imaginary diagonal line.
- Press Confirm.
- Each handset now has its own VoIP account/incoming line.
The handset has multiple incoming lines
We recommend setting this up through your call plan. If you still want one or more handsets to ring for multiple incoming lines, check the appropriate boxes.
Example: You want handset one to ring when handset two rings:
- Tick the boxes as shown in the example above. This gives each handset its own incoming line.
- Tick the second box in the horizontal line at 201.
- Press Confirm.
Tip: Don't make it too complicated with the phone! There is a lot possible by setting up your call plan properly, which is also easier to adjust. Do you want to be able to help colleagues at any time? Then check out the pick-up group page.
Usually, each handset has its own outgoing call account. You can set this up by maintaining a diagonal line. See the example next to it.
Do you want to make outgoing calls with different numbers? Then adjust the outgoing number of the second VoIP account in freedom.voys.co.za.
Then set up this VoIP account as an additional account in the base station and give your handset (in this case, handset one) the ability to make outgoing calls with two VoIP accounts. You select which account to make outgoing calls with on the handset.
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org