You create a call group if you want a group of VoIP telephones and/or mobile telephones to ring simultaneously when someone calls.
Add caller group
- Log into Freedom.
- Go to 'Admin' in the Main Menu
- Click on 'Call group' under 'Call forwarding'
- Click Add
- Enter an Internal number (extension), e.g. 401
- Enter a Description for easy reference e.g. Sales Team
There are 2 different ring methods
- All at the same time
With this method, everyone in the call group is addressed at the same time. The person who answers first gets to speak to the customer.
- Smart order of ringing
- An incoming call will check which colleague has spoken to the caller last in the past 48 hours. Then the call is offered to that particular colleague.
- If there are a number of colleagues who have spoken to the caller in quick succession, the call will be routed to all these colleagues.
- Should these colleagues not be available? Then the call will be routed to whoever has spoken to the caller before the 48 Hours.
- If this colleague is also unavailable, or if the caller has not called you at all in the past 48 hours, the call will be offered to all available destinations in the caller group.
- Advanced settings (optional): Check Ignore call forwarding - we recommend doing so as this ensures that call forwarding set on a VoIP phone can not be performed. This means that each selected member of a call group is always available to receive a call.
- Advanced settings (optional): Select "None", "Default" or "Custom" (this is your preferred prompt language and gender under Confirm calls type). Select 'Custom' to use your own custom prompts. By selecting 'Default' you will be prompted to dial 1 to answer an inbound call or 0 to reject it. The advantage of this option is that you will know if you are receiving a business or personal call. Another benefit is that the caller will not hear your private voicemail. This is the case where your cell phone has been selected as a destination.
- Select call group members (VoIP Accounts; VoIP trunks; Destinations and/ or Users. NB!! Please refer to our page on Users before selecting any) under Destinations.
- Click Save
The smart order of ringing looks at who last spoke to the caller. So when a phone number calls to a caller group and calls again within 48 hours, the smart call method will follow this order for example :
If the colleague is available but does not answer the call within half the call time in the call group, Then the telephone will still ring with the other colleagues in the call group.
For example: If the ring time in the group is thirty seconds? Then we try to offer the call to the relevant colleague for fifteen seconds.
Good to know: there is a maximum ring time of 30 seconds on the first device. This prevents the first device from ringing alone for a long time.
- Go to 'Admin' in the Main Menu >> Click on 'Phone number' under 'Main functionalities'
- Select the phone number that you would like to link to the Call group that you have created (by clicking on the two converging arrows along the row of your chosen phone number).
- Click Edit dial plan
- Click add step where you would like the Call group to ring >> Select 'Call group' from the first drop-down menu >> Select the specific Call group from the second drop-down menu >> Enter the duration that you would like the Call group to ring for, in the 'Ring time' field.
- Click Save to save the step that you've just added
- Remember to save the entire Dialplan once you're done otherwise, it won't update.
It's recommended not to have a caller wait more than 30 seconds before the call is answered
We are constantly working on our platform and other products. If you want to stay informed of all updates, check for new updates
Still, want to speak to a colleague?
Can't quite figure it out or get it right? Call our Customer Happiness Team at 021 012 5000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org